Friday, January 21, 2022

Second Trimester with Baby Girl #3

 We're having a THIRD GIRL and we're so excited!! I can't wait to meet our next girl and see what she is like! Though I shared a couple of these photos in my first trimester post here, they were actually taken closer to 18 weeks. So I'm sharing again for bump belly updates!

My first second trimester update is that the runny nose is still around, unfortunately. But it has gotten so much better! It's mostly just a problem the first few hours I'm awake each morning, then doesn't really bother me the rest of the day. I'm so thankful for this! And except for some random circumstances (like when I forget to eat or I get really warm), the nausea is gone as well! As usual, it seems like the second trimester will be my favorite! 

Right around 18 weeks, I started to feel baby girl kick just a little bit. I was so excited, this was the earliest I've ever felt kicks! Both Eloise and Finley were well after 20 weeks. And towards the end of this trimester, baby girl seems very strong and active. 

At about 21 weeks, we had our anatomy scan, where we found out baby is a girl :) I had honestly been expecting baby to be a boy because my symptoms in the first trimester (less nausea and the runny nose) were so different than my first two pregnancies. But we are seriously so ecstatic to be adding another sister! Other than finding out the gender, we also learned that baby is totally healthy and growing right on track, which is always a relief to hear! Unfortunately, we also learned that I have a complete placenta previa, which means that currently my placenta is covering my cervix, which can lead to bleeding and ultimately a c-section upon delivery. So this makes my pregnancy slightly higher risk. So in the meantime, I need to be be careful with any activity. I will only be doing super lightweight exercises such as walking, yoga, etc. Since resting more often, I haven't had any bleeding, which is good. If all goes perfectly, my placenta will move completely out of the way as my uterus grows and we won't have any other issues! We'll have another ultrasound to check on this at the start of the third trimester.

We visited my family in Washington for Christmastime, and it was funny to realize that I own very few warm clothes that are cold snowy weather friendly, and absolutely no coats that fit over a bump at all! Thankfully I have an awesome friend that loaned me a maternity winter jacket (this was taken about 24 weeks, though you can't see any bump in all those layers!).


And here is a bump picture (taken only a week or two after the snow one), but this time in sunny Tucson! The belly is already starting to feel heavy on walks and hikes, but hopefully I can keep going until closer to the end! We're so excited to meet our girl!

 
Though we have little to no "needs" for our third baby girl, here is our baby registry for anyone that is interested. It's mostly for us though, so we can get a 15% off coupon when baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment