Thursday, August 10, 2017

Month 5 with Baby GIRL

WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!


The highlight of this month was definitely our gender ultrasound. We not only learned that our baby is a girl (SO EXCITED) but we also got an in-depth ultrasound. We spent an hour together with an ultrasound tech checking over baby girl to make sure she was growing right and her body is functioning correctly. It was such a relief to hear that she is completely healthy and measuring right on schedule (though I wouldn't have minded her being slightly ahead of schedule either, haha). We couldn't ask for anything more! It was neat to zoom in on her heart and see the different chambers pumping blood, watch her wave her hands around, or curl up in a ball. Living in the 21st century is awesome! We even got a few 3D ultrasound pictures, though she honestly looks a bit like an alien, haha. Straight after the appointment, we went to the store and bought our very first baby items--cliche, pink onesies :) And for those that have asked if we felt like we were having a girl, the answer is "no". We literally had no idea! Some couples get a feeling one way or another, we had no idea, haha. We would have been so happy with a boy or a girl! A majority of our family and friends believed we were having a girl beforehand though.

19 weeks
20 weeks HALFWAY THERE
This month at week 22, I also felt baby girl kick for the first time! I had really been anticipating this--most people I know that are pregnant about the same time or recently had children had felt their baby's kick before 20 weeks. I felt her kick soon after I woke up in the morning while we were camping on the Snake River in Idaho. I only felt her a couple times, then it wasn't for a couple days that I felt her again. It is very small and subtle right now, and it feels like small tapping on the inside of my stomach. I love it! I can't wait until her movements are strong enough that Dustan can feel her as well.

Week 22 with my sister-in-law on the Snake River!

Notes/Symptoms:

 - Feeling totally chubs, though sometimes noticeably pregnant to strangers when in the right outfit! (i.e. a tight dress as seen above). I can still fit into about half my shorts using the hairband trick, but I bought my first pair of maternity shorts this month! The belly pouch is still a little big for me, but they are so comfy!
 - Rarely have nausea anymore. Happens most often when I forget to eat real/substantial food every few hours, or I get very little sleep at night. Only throwing up about once a week now.
 - Still having heartburn/acid reflux, and apparently it is only supposed to get worse as baby grows :( It hasn't yet, which I am thankful for! But maybe this means baby girl will have hair?
 - Feel my best when I get 9-10 hours of sleep at night. With less, I'm so tired throughout the day.
 - Exercising abilities are officially back! (Motivation is not...) If I run/jog, I definitely don't feel good--but that could also be because I went so long without exercising that I am now terribly out of shape. But we went on a few longish hikes (5-8 miles) this month and I felt good!
 - Now 12 pounds above pre-pregnancy weight
 - Aversions: Dustan's all time favorite chips/snack, Twisted BBQ Fritos. Literally nothing else bugs me except these. I think they shall be banned soon...
 - Cravings: cold fruit and ice cream. Nothing has changed here, haha.


For anyone interested in knowing my baby registry information, here it is!
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/ellen-kraus-dustan-kraus-december-2017-provo/IRA5JGTHSCTX
Target: tgt.gifts/Dustan&EllenBabyRegistry


**Also, constantly running behind even when I just update this post throughout the month with new information. My new "pregnancy" month starts on the first of each month (which makes it so easy for me). Whoops!**

No comments:

Post a Comment