Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Month 4 with Baby K

The world via social media now knows! Blog post announcing it is here :) though we had already told the people most important to us, it was nice not having to worry about seeing someone we know at the store and them wonder why I suddenly look chubbier so quickly, haha.

We had a third doctors appointment (we have one with my OB every four weeks). Nothing crazy happened, no ultrasound, but it was reassuring to hear the heartbeat again. It had dropped about 5 bpm since last time. We also scheduled our gender ultrasound, yay! My OB also told me that most first time moms start feeling the baby for the first time around 20 weeks, so really looking forward to that soon!

Baby went on his/her first hike this month ;) We spent a HOT weekend in Moab with friends and did a few small hikes! Wish I could be wearing my running shorts everywhere because they are comfier than anything else right now.

Week 15

Signs/Symptoms:
 - Still some nausea, though more intermittent than it used to be and rarely as intense. Still throwing up a couple times a week though, usually when I forget to eat every few hours.
 - As nausea decreases, acid reflux/heartburn increases. Yay. TUMS are my friend.
 - Able to be a little more active this month. Went on a few smallish hikes and started infrequently going to the gym again.
 - Definitely getting chubbier, though I definitely don't look pregnant. About a quarter of my pants I can still wear normally-ish, the others I can wear with the rubber band trick and a long shirt. Dreading having to find some maternity pants in the near future.
 - Now 4 pounds above pre-pregnancy weight.
 - Aversions: leftovers, meat (though I can actually eat it now, an improvement), still BBQ flavors/smells
 - Cravings: smoothies, anything a little tart and fruity, nachos, bagels with cream cheese

Week 18, end of month 4!

1 comment:

  1. I didnt wear any maternity clothes with Eliana. But this time around I went to good will and scoured the pants section for maternity pants. Let it be known....best 4 bucks I have spent yet on this baby! Totally worth it. I bought maternity shorts and pants. I plan to cut off some of the pants and make shorts out of them.

    ReplyDelete