Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Dustan's Sleeping Antics

After Dustan and I got married, I began to realize what a crazy sleeper he is. He does everything from talking, yelling, and laughing, to stripping and hitting. If I'm lucid enough, I write down what Dustan did in the moment to remember it. And this post is a collaboration of those notes! Unfortunately (or probably fortunately) I have gotten used to Dustan's sleeping antics, so I rarely wake up to his talking and moving anymore. Anyway though. I sincerely hope this post entertains whoever may be reading it, but this is mostly for our own benefit to remember some of the little things that we wouldn't typically blog about :)

Mini Stories:

I wake up to Dustan on hands and knees on his side of the bed. He says, "Look... Waves." Then he begins bouncing up and down in place, not stopping until I nudge him.

Just last week, I was very unpleasantly awoken with one of Dustan's very harder limbs (I'm guessing his elbow) hitting me right between the eyes. Dustan had accidentally whacked me in his sleep before, but never this hard. But because I was so exhausted, I just went back to sleep. The next morning, I had a little bit of swelling and bruising on my forehead. Cute, right?

Each night as we're going to sleep, I ask Dustan what his favorite part of the day was. Last Thanksgiving, I again asked this and Dustan answered with, "Dinner... So good. So good. So good. So good." But what was funny was that Dustan said all the "so good"s as if he was echoing himself.

Dustan jerks up and yells, breathing really hard. After asking him what's wrong, he says, "I was hunting a spider and it turned and attacked..."

I hear Dustan getting out of bed and see it's 2 am. He circles the bedroom a couple times before taking off his shirt and getting back in bed. This continues until all of Dustan's clothes are gone and he's naked in the bed.

This isn't so much of a story, but Dustan is the worst blanket stealer ever. I have to tuck in my blankets all the way up my side of the mattress or I will wake up multiple times throughout the night with no blankets. I am even trained now that every time I feel Dustan start moving, I grip my blankets to make sure that we won't roll away with them.

We like to talk about the scriptures we read after companion study. So after reading 3 Nephi 4, Dustan was giving his two cents while apparently falling asleep, saying, "I like the comparison you made of Lucifer to Gadianton Robbers yesterday. Yeah, Giddianhi practiced on his remote... You know, his walkie talkie..."

Every time we move to a new location, I have to get used to the new sounds from our apartments, like trains, neighbors, AC, freeways, etc. So at this new apartment, the sound of the heater turning on and beginning to blow was loud. In the middle of the night, it came on and I woke up to the sound. Dustan, who usually doesn't wake up to any noise, sits bolt upright and nearly yells, "What's that noise?! It's windy out there! Blowing hot wind!"

Sleep Talking Quotes:

"Ellen, how do you deal with my ups and downs every single day?"

"Isn't it weird how we're dead? I wonder if we can taste food when we're dead..."

"The nice thing about Ellens, about you, is that all the nasty juices are already burned."

*Laughing out loud* "Do you really want to be part of the coconut planning party?"

"Oh Ellen, thank heavens! You're alive!"

"Can you pass me the bike handles?"

"Always tomorrow Ellen. Always, always tomorrow. Tomorrow is the start of always. Always tomorrow."

"All hands on deck, Skipper!"

"Why are we in bed? Did we finish Conference? They were about to announce the new prophet!"

"I'm sorry I read your thing in class. It was about your parents and it was so good. I'm sorry. Now you're mad at me."

*Falling asleep while praying* "Please bless us tomorrow as we go to test out the sizing..."

"I love you three. I mean... I love you infinity."

"Ellen, I don't speak her language! She was moving her hands at me, but I didn't understand..."

"Ellen Captain Kellen, don't you dare count the donkey donks!"

"This is amazing. We're drawing our children!"

"What is the purpose of the whole system?"

"Just doing some testing, don't worry..." (You can tell how much Dustan thinks about his engineering...)

Are you stealing it again? Body weight, are you stealing that?

1 comment:

  1. haha. OH my gosh. How did I miss this post before?! Haha. The stripping story is pretty hillarious. Sorry you got a bruise on your face.

    ReplyDelete